Fayetteville, Arkansas Defective Product Lawyer
Consumers in this country are fortunate enough to have access to a broad range of products designed to make their lives easier and more enjoyable. From cars to power tools, the modern consumer is largely covered as far as necessities go. That said, there are times when unfortunate consumers purchase and use defective products that lead to serious injuries. If you were hurt as a result of a defective product, you should strongly consider retaining the services of a competent Fayetteville defective product lawyer who can help you get the compensation you need to heal. Contact the Knapp Law Firm today.
Defective Product Lawyer | Here for Injured Consumers in Arkansas
Defective product injuries aren’t as common as other types of injuries, but they’re also far from rare. If you were hurt because of a defective product, you need a lawyer in your corner who can fight for the compensation you deserve. No matter the size of the company, a Fayetteville, Arkansas personal injury lawyer from the Knapp Law Firm can effectively guide you through the personal injury claims process ahead.
Grounds for a Defective Product Lawsuit
There are three primary grounds for a defective product lawsuit. They include defective product design, negligent product manufacturing, and a failure to warn.
- Defective Product Design: If you can prove that the product designer failed to account for consumer safety and that there was a safer (and cost-effective) way to design the product that wouldn’t impact its function, you may have a valid defective product claim.
- Negligent Product Manufacturing: If you can prove that the product manufacturer used cheap products or otherwise cut corners to save time or money, making the product defective and causing your injury, you should also have a valid claim.
- Failure to Warn: Failing to warn consumers of potential hazards a product may pose when used incorrectly can also result in serious injuries. Fortunately, those hurt due to a failure to warn may also have valid legal recourse.
Gathering Evidence for Your Claim
After sustaining an injury because of a defective product, there are certain actions you can take that will help increase your chances of recovering compensation in a future personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- Get immediate medical attention. Your health is the most important thing.
- Don’t throw the product away, if possible. We can use the product as evidence later on.
- Keep copies of all medical documentation regarding your injuries.
- If anyone saw your accident happen, jot down their contact information.
- Take pictures of your injuries and/or the product defect that caused them.
Contact a Defective Product Lawyer Today
The bottom line is that if you’ve been harmed by a defective product, you should strongly consider your legal options. The Knapp Law Firm is here to help you explore those options. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation with our seasoned Arkansas personal injury law firm.